Monday, August 30, 2010

"It's my Birthday, Please don't kill me"

That was my reply when Coach Googliano (that's my new nickname for him. he wins races. google it) texted me about today's workout. He replied with "I'll have a special gift waiting for you"... I arrived to the UCSD track and he had his gift in hand. Cold water. I brought my own, but it's the thought that counts I guess.

We're only going to do 3 x 1000s with lots of rest inbetween. He clearly didn't read my text about killing me. 1000 meters is 2.5 x around the track and for anyone, it's a helluva long time to be in a near 'sprint' mode. It also means I get to pass him 3 times as he says 'up up up, go go go!'.

first one - 3:46. pretty good, right crazy brazilian guy? wait what? do that again? twice?

second one - 3:50. I sensed a wee bit of disappointment, but couldn't be 100% sure as his eyes were masked by his giant oakleys.

third one - 3:59. I moved to the infield. I vomitted a litttle bit, but there were people watching and didn't let it escape my mouth. tmi? I dropped down to one knee and thanked the dear lord baby Jesus for another year of life.

1 comment:

  1. good job bday boy! throw up = hard work...sometimes from running your ass off, sometimes from drinking too much. I wish you both on your day of birth.

    3:46? Pshhh. well I walked and sorta jogged maybe 2 miles in like 30 minutes. How's that for amazing??? ;) xoxo i forgot to hug you. sads.

    ReplyDelete